GlobalEnglish.com Case Study at ESI Global Forum 2000
May 8, 2000 — Doug Carlston, Reece Duca, Fred Grainger, and Steve Patrick of GlobalEnglish.com will be among the speakers discussing the impact of information technology and the Internet. Other speakers from the technology sector include LYCOS President and CEO Robert Davis, Intel President and CEO Craig Barrett, Technology Network President Roberta Katz, Sun Microsystems Chief Science Officer John Gage, Silicon Valley Group Chairman and CEO Papken Der Torossian, Sycamore Networks CEO Desh Deshpande, PSINet Vice Chairman David Kunkel, and China.com Chairman Raymond K.F. Ch’ien.
The widespread diffusion of information technologies (IT) is affecting economic, political, and social institutions across the globe. Has the eased and accelerated flow of information created a “new economy?” How will electronic commerce impact businesses and consumers? Can the Internet be a tool for social and political reform? The ESI Global Forum 2000 will focus attention on the scope of technological change in the information age.
World political, economic, academic, and business figures will gather in Washington May 15-17 for substantive and farreaching discussions on the “World to Come,” including sessions on the future of world trade, the venture capital/IPO phenomena, e-commerce, merger-mania, biotechnology, stock markets, and more. With its topical agenda and impressive roster of participants, the Economic Strategy Institute’s Global Forum 2000 continues its tradition as the most important Washington meeting for dialogue among the world’s principal thinkers, players, movers, and shakers.
Confirmed participants include:
- President of the Republic of Korea, Kim Dae Jung (via satellite)
- Candidate for President of Peru, Alejandro Toledo
- Director-General of the WTO, Mike Moore (via satellite)
- United States Secretary of Commerce William Daley
- United States Secretary of Energy Bill Richardson
- United States Trade Representative Charlene Barshefsky
- EU Trade Commissioner Pascal Lamy
- PRC Vice Minister of International Trade, Long Yongtu
- President and CEO of Intel Corporation, Dr. Craig Barrett
- CEO of TELMEX, Jaime Chico Pardo
- President and CEO of LYCOS, Inc., Robert Davis
- Chairman and CEO of Honeywell, Michael Bonsignore
- Chairman and CEO of The Boeing Company, Philip M. Condit
- Managing Director of Goldman Sachs Abby Joseph Cohen
- Chairman and CEO of Human Genome Sciences, Dr. William Haseltine
ESI’s Global Forum 2000 will be held at The Ronald Reagan Center for International Trade. For a full conference agenda and registration information, please visit the ESI home page at www.econstrat.org, or contact the Global Forum office at (703) 548-4662.
About GlobalEnglish Corporation
GlobalEnglish is the leading provider of online assessment, learning and support for Business English communication for the world's top companies. The company offers a suite of scalable, on-demand products that help employees improve their ability to communicate effectively in English and enables companies to succeed in the global marketplace.
GlobalEnglish is proudly made up of a team of global consultants who partner with clients to assess their Business English needs, ensure successful implementation and provide ongoing local support to over 30 countries worldwide.
GlobalEnglish is the preferred choice of the world's largest companies, including BNP Paribas, Capgemini, Cisco, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, GSK, Hewlett-Packard, Hilton, John Deere, Procter & Gamble, Unisys and Wyeth.
For more information, please visit www.GlobalEnglish.com.