Two years ago, the leadership team at Pearson English Business Solutions went on a listening tour to better understand the needs of our customers – HR leaders in top multi-national companies. Here’s what was heard as the top requests:
- Courses focused on increasing employees’ English competency for critical business skill areas, such as leading and participating in meetings and giving presentations
- Courses that lasted 90-days or less for time constrained learners who need to achieve outcomes faster
- Courses that demonstrated immediate impact to the job through blended learning applications
- Skill-based assessments to demonstrate that the skill has truly been achieved
Based on these four customer driven needs, the product team at Pearson English Business Solutions has been hard at work over the past two years to develop a new solution – One Focus.
One Focus is a set of intensive courses designed for maximum learning efficiency that help to prepare learners with the English competency needed for critical, real-life, professional business scenarios. What makes this solution different than anything else on the market?
- Flipped classroom – offering a mix of self-study and live online meetings – using Learning Burst methodology to be very efficient.
- 10-week, purpose-built courses with productivity features and on-the-job practice to drive immediate impact in their current jobs.
- Courses built with learner outcomes and efficacy in mind – so that managers can clearly understand the skill attainment that has been achieved.
Built on the Global Scale of English, which helps provide a common point of reference for employers to understand their employees’ English capability and to map the skills they need to improve on to do their jobs better.
We are thrilled to bring this innovative solution to market to help learners further their knowledge of specific skills and then apply them in their job.
One Focus – changing the way non-native English speakers gain key business skills. Visit us here to learn more.
I welcome your insights and feedback.
Director of Global Marketing
Pearson English Business Solutions